Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Fabien Penso <pe...@linuxfr.org> on 2001/11/05 09:53:24 UTC

[OT] Re: Mirror FAQ

Hi Andrew!

Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:21:13 +1100 , tu as dit :

 > Can I have some input from people out there on what they think should appear
 > on this mirror faq, you are the guys that have found out what the system
 > requirements are(in some cases the very hard/expensive way).

You should not use .vcf signature card, really few people can read them,
it bothers people more than anything else.

Text only signature are the one you should use, so anyone can understand
them.

--
Fabien Penso <pe...@linuxfr.org>
http://perso.LinuxFR.org/penso/

Re: [OT] Re: Mirror FAQ

Posted by Fabien Penso <pe...@linuxfr.org>.

Re: [OT] Re: Mirror FAQ

Posted by Greg Wirth <gr...@beldamar.com>.
Hello...
If you are going to harsh people about a .vcf....
Then what about your "message.att" that shows up with every email
you send?

Sunday, November 04, 2001, 11:53:24 PM, you wrote:
FP> Hi Andrew!
FP> Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:21:13 +1100 , tu as dit :
FP>  > Can I have some input from people out there on what they think should appear
FP>  > on this mirror faq, you are the guys that have found out what the system
FP>  > requirements are(in some cases the very hard/expensive way).
FP> You should not use .vcf signature card, really few people can read them,
FP> it bothers people more than anything else.
FP> Text only signature are the one you should use, so anyone can understand
FP> them.

- --
Greg S. Wirth
System Administrator