Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/31 15:55:00 UTC

Fwd: getNodeId() returning null in tree2

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
I have no objection to add a binding attribute.  That could be very
useful in handling of the situations not already covered by the tree.
You could write an action listener and give it a reference to the tree
so you can check the current node id, etc.

Here is a link that might help with CVS patches:

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/howto/howto-patch.html

Let me know if you have trouble with it.  There are nightly builds
available too so you don't have to use CVS.  Consider using the CVS
source though (at least for helping with patches) because that is what
all of the power users are using.  If you still have trouble just send
me the modified files (use the most recent nightly) and I can take
care of it.

sean

Posted by Jon Travis <jt...@p00p.org>.

Posted by Jon Travis <jt...@p00p.org>.
My data isn't changing.  This only manifests itself
when I'm using the server-side tree, BTW.  Client-side
everything works peachy.

-- Jon

Posted by Rob Decker <ro...@objectsource.org>.
Maybe you don't have logging turned on for the package? I'm using log4j and
have the myfaces package set to ERROR. I think it only happens with
server-side processing too.

Rob

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Yes I am running on Windows.  I agree that it shouldn't make any
difference.  Generally I do my testing through JBuilder's integrated
Tomcat.  Its possible that I don't have log4j configured correctly (or
at all.)  I will check tomorrow to verify.

sean

Posted by Rob Decker <ro...@objectsource.org>.

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
[snip]

> The processing of the jsp page must iterate over the tags a number of times and in the
> early iterations the components are not yet fully initialized.

I don't understand why I haven't seen this myself when I am working
with tree2.  I'd like to understand more about what is happening
behind the scenes here.  I hope to take a closer look tomorrow
(Monday.)  I saw your fix in JIRA.  It looks good.  I'm going to hold
off adding it until I can understand why this is happening (otherwise
I will get lazy and stop thinking about it.)

> Rob

sean

Re: getNodeId() returning null in tree2

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.