Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Robert Eric Reeves <ro...@phurnace.com> on 2006/11/15 18:07:35 UTC

JAXB object compare code/tool/util?

Hey, folks...

Before I start writing my own, I wanted to see if anyone had a bit of
code or a tool that would take two JAXB objects and compare them. I'm
having a problem comparing XML documents and was hoping to simply use
JaxMe to do it for me.

Thanks!

Robert

Re: JAXB object compare code/tool/util?

Posted by David Holroyd <da...@badgers-in-foil.co.uk>.
On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 11:07:35AM -0600, Robert Eric Reeves wrote:
> Before I start writing my own, I wanted to see if anyone had a bit of
> code or a tool that would take two JAXB objects and compare them. I'm
> having a problem comparing XML documents and was hoping to simply use
> JaxMe to do it for me.

Maybe DiffMk?

  http://nwalsh.com/java/diffmk/

As I recall, it's quite document-focused though, so might not suit all
flavors of XML.

ta,
dave

--
http://david.holroyd.me.uk/

Re: JAXB object compare code/tool/util?

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 11/15/06, Robert Eric Reeves <ro...@phurnace.com> wrote:

> Before I start writing my own, I wanted to see if anyone had a bit of
> code or a tool that would take two JAXB objects and compare them. I'm
> having a problem comparing XML documents and was hoping to simply use
> JaxMe to do it for me.

Robert, JaxMe 1 contained a source generator for cloning JaxMe
objects. A similar generator might be used to implement a comparator.
Not that I would do it, but I'd support any attempt to create
something in that direction.

Jochen

murder, yes, but divorce, never.
(Jack Benny)