Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Hugh Ross <hu...@propylon.com> on 2006/02/23 18:37:15 UTC

Hierarchical Navigation in Lucene

Hi,

We have a custom built document repository which is searchable / indexed via
lucene.

I want to put together some kind of navigation framework based on the
repository metadata (which is also indexed with lucene).

Is there a best-practice way to do this.?

Thanks,

Hugh

RE: Hierarchical Navigation in Lucene

Posted by Hugh Ross <hu...@propylon.com>.
Thanks Eric

On Feb 23, 2006, at 12:37 PM, Hugh Ross wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a custom built document repository which is searchable /
> indexed via
> lucene.
>
> I want to put together some kind of navigation framework based on the
> repository metadata (which is also indexed with lucene).
>

> Is there a best-practice way to do this.?

I don't know about a best practice, but I've used term enumeration
coupled with PrefixQuery's to enable hierarchical navigation on my
(very dusty and way outdated) blog: http://www.blogscene.org/erik

	Erik

Re: Hierarchical Navigation in Lucene

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.