Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com> on 2001/08/01 14:43:59 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/security Authen ticatedUser.java SecurityProvider.java

I took a look at JAAS last night.

My quick impression is that it's fairly complex, and involves permissions
and policy files and signed code.  Redux: I think we should go there
eventually (probably with tooling around it to make it easier to use), but
in the 3.0 timeframe, doing something much simpler is a better plan.  Also,
if people want to build adapters from our simple security interfaces to
systems like JAAS, they are welcome to.

I will also ask our security guys today whether my impressions re: JAAS are
accurate, and what they recommend.

Thoughts / comments?

--G

Posted by Chris Opler <ch...@free.fr>.
You might want to check out the jaas implementation for jboss -- might give a
good sense of how easy/hard jaas would be to use with axis as well as provide
some sample code.

Regards,

Chris Opler