Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Matthias P." <gr...@gmx.de> on 2003/12/01 16:16:23 UTC

how to fetch file informations (date, size)?

Hi,

during our deployment i have to generate a property file that contains all
files of the deploment client with the actual file name, file size in bytes
and the file date.

1. How can i get these informations?
2. How do i write them in a propertyfile?

Thanks,

Matthias Patzak

--
HoHoHo! Seid Ihr auch alle sch�n brav gewesen?

GMX Weihnachts-Special: Die 1. Adresse f�r Weihnachts-
m�nner und -frauen! http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f�r Mail, Message, More! +++

Re: how to fetch file informations (date, size)?

Posted by Doug Lochart <dl...@capecomputing.com>.
I am not sure exactly what you need to do but you may need a combination of
scripting along with the <propertyfile> task.  The PropertyFile task is an
optional task and works well for creating and updating property files while
doing an ant build.  If you need to determine the file attributes first from
a directory structure before putting that info into the property file then
you will need to use <script> with either JavaScript or my new favorite
BeanShell.

hope this helps

Doug

Now I've gained some understanding
Of the only world that we see.
Things that I once dreamed of
Have become reality.

These walls that still surround me
Still contain the same old me,
Just one more who's searching for
A world that ought to be.

AW: how to fetch file informations (date, size)?

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
Hi Matthias,