Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Champlin <ja...@rentec.com> on 2011/09/27 16:40:39 UTC

7.0.21 Redirects failing randomly

Last night we went to 7.0.21, and this morning I had to roll it back
because very randomly redirects were failing.  It was very much like all
parameters to the redirect were lost.

I am still trying to debug this, but its clear its not happening in
7.0.20, which leads me to believe its:

41718: Include a response body when sending a redirect. (markt)

or one of the AJP changes.

We are running Apache 2.2.21 with mod_ajp.

Our servlet framework is Stripes MVC and it seems to conform to the
requirement in 41718.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thank you,
Jacob Champlin

Re: 7.0.21 Redirects failing randomly

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/9/27 Jacob Champlin <ja...@rentec.com>:
> Last night we went to 7.0.21, and this morning I had to roll it back because
> very randomly redirects were failing.  It was very much like all parameters
> to the redirect were lost.
>
> I am still trying to debug this, but its clear its not happening in 7.0.20,
> which leads me to believe its:
>
> 41718: Include a response body when sending a redirect. (markt)

The change itself was

This sample page works for me:
(to be placed as /examples/testRedirect.jsp )
<%
response.sendRedirect(response.encodeRedirectURL(request.getContextPath() +
    "/servlets/servlet/RequestParamExample?firstname=bar&lastname=baz"));
%>

Though I tried it with HTTP connector and not with AJP one.

> or one of the AJP changes.
>
> We are running Apache 2.2.21 with mod_ajp.
>
> Our servlet framework is Stripes MVC and it seems to conform to the
> requirement in 41718.
>
> Is anyone else having this issue?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko