Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hugh Eland <hu...@2020media.com> on 2001/04/02 12:40:38 UTC

Tomcat SSL & Equifax

Hi,

Has anyone had success installing an Equifax certificate on Tomcat
(3.2.1) ?

These come as a certificate chain. I can load the certificate for the
machine and the equifax certificate into the keystore, and these appear
correct (or atleast I can list and see the details of them using the
keytool -list command).

When I use the keytool command to generate a self-signed certificate
(alias tomcat) the SSL server works.  However when I delete that and use
the machine certificate (again aliased to tomcat), my browser (IE4)
complains that it does not understand the response stream.

Tomcat appears to start correctly and I can find no errors in the log
files.

Cheers

Hugh