Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/03 17:28:06 UTC

Re: Struts 2 jars are missing signatures in the Maven repo

> On 2/25/07, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Could you specify the exact steps that we should be following then?
>
> I added a TODO to review steps 5 and 6 on the wiki page.  You
> mentioned March 4th for Struts 2.0.7, so that gives me a few days.

Paul is working on 1.3.8 and had a question about the gpg plugin, so I
volunteered him to figure it out and then take a look at the Struts 2
release process.  Thanks, Paul!

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/creating-and-signing-a-distribution.html

My theory is that 'mvn deploy' and '-Prelease' need to be in the same
step, so that the signatures are both generated _and_ deployed.

--
Wendy

Re: Struts 2 jars are missing signatures in the Maven repo

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
On 3/3/07, Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'll update the docs if I can get permissions. My confluence userid is
> my email address. Please grant me permissions.

You should have full access now.

Don

Re: Struts 2 jars are missing signatures in the Maven repo

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 3/3/07, Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'll update the docs if I can get permissions. My confluence userid is
> my email address. Please grant me permissions.

Thanks.  I took another look, and combined the former steps 5 and 6.

This should do it:
  mvn deploy -P release,all,pre-assembly -Dpassphrase="$PASSPHRASE"

--
Wendy

Re: Struts 2 jars are missing signatures in the Maven repo

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Step 5:

* Remove the quotes from the passphrase.

* The signing of the artifacts is aggressive. Everything gets signed,
including the MD5 and SHA1 files. Those are produced and uploaded in the
deployment, and there's no harm in having them, but you probably want to
clean them up when you're move the artifacts to struts/builds/2.0.X. So
run these command (adapt as necessary) to delete them:

ssh $USERID@people.apache.org 'find
/www/people.apache.org/builds/struts/1.3.8/ -name *.asc.md5 -exec rm {} \;'
ssh $USERID@people.apache.org 'find
/www/people.apache.org/builds/struts/1.3.8/ -name *.asc.sha1 -exec rm {} \;'

Step 6:

* This is the command to move them:

ssh $USERID@people.apache.org 'mv
/www/people.apache.org/builds/struts/m2-staging-repository/
/www/people.apache.org/builds/struts/1.3.8/'

Paul