Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Robert Paris <rp...@hotmail.com> on 2003/02/21 20:42:01 UTC

Bug 17208 - WordDocument Problem: createListTables - Negative Array Size

I did a bit of research into this problem. From what I can tell, the value
(at position 24) of cbGrpprlChpx in LVLF is -1 (on the 4th list in my test
case). I do not know if this is a valid value (is it?), but the code does
not handle this. So what happens is the code attempts to create: new byte[
-1 ].

To create this exception, I used windows 2000, word 2000 and created a
document with a numbered list. It only happens with multi-level lists.

I hope this helps! Anyone who knows what's going on please let me know
because this is urgent for a project I am working on.

Thanks!

Robert Paris

Re: Bug 17208 - WordDocument Problem: createListTables - Negative Array Size

Posted by Ryan Ackley <sa...@cfl.rr.com>.
Robert,

not sure how to handle this myself. The spec I am going from doesn't mention
that -1 is a possible value. My suggestion for you is to read the spec and
see if you can come up with a better way to handle this. If that goes
nowhere, go look in the openoffice.org code and see how they handle lists.

Ryan Ackley