Posted to dev@crail.apache.org by "seeun.oh@sk.com" <se...@sk.com> on 2020/02/25 23:42:54 UTC

TensorFlow-Crail implementation

Hello,
I am a software engineer at SK Hynix.
I've been working on distributed file system and studying Crail over RDMA to work with TensorFlow.
I found the skeleton code for TF Crail on github and some comment about Tensorflow.
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@crail.apache.org/msg00589.html

In this message, developers were implementing Crail-based TF, and that github code cannot be used.

So, I want to know whether the developers finished implementing TF Crail.
If so, Can I get a full code? Unless, do you have any plan to open source code? Or is there no more progress for native C++ Crail/TF integration?

I’ll be looking forward to your answering!
Thanks.

SK hynix

오 세 은 ( Seeun Oh )

메모리시스템연구 Software Solution

Platform Software

Office : +82-31-8093-3872

Phone : +82-10-5018-5200

Re: TensorFlow-Crail implementation

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 10:41 bernard metzler <bm...@gmx.ch> wrote:

> On 2/26/2020 0:42, seeun.oh@sk.com wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am a software engineer at SK Hynix.
> > I've been working on distributed file system and studying Crail over
> RDMA to work with TensorFlow.
> > I found the skeleton code for TF Crail on github and some comment about
> Tensorflow.
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@crail.apache.org/msg00589.html
> >
> > In this message, developers were implementing Crail-based TF, and that
> github code cannot be used.
> >
> > So, I want to know whether the developers finished implementing TF Crail.
> > If so, Can I get a full code? Unless, do you have any plan to open
> source code? Or is there no more progress for native C++ Crail/TF
> integration?
> >
> > I’ll be looking forward to your answering!
> > Thanks.
> >

> > SK hynix
> >
> > 오 세 은 ( Seeun Oh )
> >
> > 메모리시스템연구 Software Solution
> >
> > Platform Software
> >
> > Office : +82-31-8093-3872
> >
> > Phone : +82-10-5018-5200
> >
> Hi Seeun Oh,
>
> Many thanks for asking at dev@crail. I can speak only for the
> people working on Crail I am aware of. We currently do not have the
> capacity to drive that native C++ Crail client/TF integration
> effort forward.
>
> Patrick did a first shot at implementing a C++ client for Crail
> - see https://github.com/patrickstuedi/crailnative
> While this code is probably not as stable as the Java code, it
> is functional and could be the base to drive things further.
> Since this is an Apache open source project

Just clarifying here, while Crail is an Apache incubator project, Patrick’s
prototype is not and is hosted on his own github account.

If you guys want to make these types of prototypes inside apache, which
will give more visibility and foster forming a community around it, we
can/could create a separate repo or branches for such experiments.

-- you and anybody
> else would be more than welcomed to pick up things and make
> progress here!

Having said that, his prototype linked above is apache licensed and thus
give you access to pick things up and make progress.

--
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: TensorFlow-Crail implementation

Posted by bernard metzler <bm...@gmx.ch>.
On 2/26/2020 0:42, seeun.oh@sk.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I am a software engineer at SK Hynix.
> I've been working on distributed file system and studying Crail over RDMA to work with TensorFlow.
> I found the skeleton code for TF Crail on github and some comment about Tensorflow.
> https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@crail.apache.org/msg00589.html
>
> In this message, developers were implementing Crail-based TF, and that github code cannot be used.
>
> So, I want to know whether the developers finished implementing TF Crail.
> If so, Can I get a full code? Unless, do you have any plan to open source code? Or is there no more progress for native C++ Crail/TF integration?
>
> I’ll be looking forward to your answering!
> Thanks.
>

> SK hynix
>
> 오 세 은 ( Seeun Oh )
>
> 메모리시스템연구 Software Solution
>
> Platform Software
>
> Office : +82-31-8093-3872
>
> Phone : +82-10-5018-5200

Hi Seeun Oh,

Many thanks for asking at dev@crail. I can speak only for the
people working on Crail I am aware of. We currently do not have the
capacity to drive that native C++ Crail client/TF integration
effort forward.

Patrick did a first shot at implementing a C++ client for Crail
- see https://github.com/patrickstuedi/crailnative
While this code is probably not as stable as the Java code, it
is functional and could be the base to drive things further.
Since this is an Apache open source project -- you and anybody