Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/25 18:23:44 UTC

Htrace vs. Zipkin?

Hi,

What is the difference and relationship between Htrace and Zipkin?
Is Htrace an alternative to Zipkin?

Zipkin already existed when Htrace was created, I believe, so is Htrace
considered better in some way?

Thanks,
Otis

Re: Htrace vs. Zipkin?

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
My undestanding is that Zipkin will display HTrace results. So I don't
think one is better nor an alternative to the other one but they complement
each other?

JM