Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Julien Allanos <ju...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/24 14:27:19 UTC

[users@httpd] add start parameter to apache as windows service

Hello,
I've installed apache httpd 2.0.58 as a Windows service on a Windows 2003
Server, using the command apache.exe -k install. Then I want to make it
start with the -D SSL parameter. The problem is that I can't modify the
parameters field in the Apache service settings: any modification is ignored
and the field remains empty, so that the server is launched without -D SSL.
Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
--
Julien

[users@httpd] Re: add start parameter to apache as windows service

Posted by Julien Allanos <ju...@gmail.com>.
2006/8/24, Julien Allanos <ju...@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
> I've installed apache httpd 2.0.58 as a Windows service on a Windows 2003
> Server, using the command apache.exe -k install. Then I want to make it
> start with the -D SSL parameter. The problem is that I can't modify the
> parameters field in the Apache service settings: any modification is ignored
> and the field remains empty, so that the server is launched without -D SSL.
> Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

OK, I found the "apache.exe -k config -D SSL" command (from httpd 1.3docs!).
--
Julien

Re: [users@httpd] add start parameter to apache as windows service

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Two schools of thought.

One, if you are only testing, bring up the services property page of the
apache service and put -D SSL in the options box next to the start button
and click start.  Good for one startup only.

Two, in the apache root directory, bin\apache -k config -D SSL
changes (configures) the startup arguments.  That's permanant.