Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gautam Sreeja <sr...@yahoo.co.jp> on 2006/06/07 02:39:38 UTC

Unable to access installed applications

Hi,

I just started working on Tomcat5.0 on Red Hat Linux. I just copied the
Hello World example to create an application under CATALINA_HOME/webapps
directory under the name helloWorld.

When I try accessing my application using http://localhost/helloWorld, I
get a message saying the requested URL was not found on the server. I am able
to load the example applications like servlets-examples and jsp-examples.
But I get the earlier error when I try to load the examples - tomcat-docs
and webdav

I checked the log file catalina.out where it is listed that my application
helloWorld, tomcat-docs and webdav are installed.

What could I be doing wrong? Please advice.

Thanks in advance!

Sree

---------------------------------
Let's start Yahoo! Auction  -  Free Campaign Now!

Re: Unable to access installed applications

Posted by vineesh kumar <vi...@gmail.com>.
whether u r using the default port or port 80?
If it's default port the url should be http://localhost:8080/helloWorld

If u just create a directory only things will not work.U hav to edit
the $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml and add the appropriate entry
there.Also u hav to edit the web.xml in ur webapp dir to reflect any
changes u added.

--
Vineesh Kumar
Software Engineer