Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Oleg V Alexeev <go...@penza.net> on 2001/06/07 22:54:10 UTC

Re[2]: Can I have NO action?!

Hello dhay,

>From your words I found that you want to make -
 in Action
   - retrieve current filename
   - forward to the JSP page to display it
 in JSP page
   - edit current filename
   - submit new value to the action
 in Action
   - take new value
   - build or retrieve filter for new file
   - forward to the JSP
 in JSP
   - review filter
   - edit other values or just stay here

Is it right?

dlc> Oleg,

dlc> Hi.  Thanks for the post.  The current file name is set in my action before the
dlc> page is called.  BUT, I want to give the user the option to change the filename,
dlc> and forward back to this action to display the filter for the new file.  Hence,
dlc> my action doesn't need to DO anything, which prompted my question (I just need
dlc> Struts to set the filename property in my form bean).

dlc> Any ideas whether this is possible, or do I need to have a dummy action for it?

dlc> Thanks,

dlc> Dave

--
Best regards,