Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2011/03/17 08:20:13 UTC

PMC chair of Apache MyFaces changed

Hi,

I am stepping back from being the Apache MyFaces PMC chair.
The MyFaces PMC did vote (internally) that Gerhard Petracek would
be a very good PMC chair.

Yesterday, during the board meeting, this has been made official.

Please join me in welcoming Gerhard as being the new PMC chair of
Apache MyFaces!

Congrats, Gerhard!

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: PMC chair of Apache MyFaces changed

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for all your work from me too, Matthias. You have been a very
great PMC chair :)

And of course congratulations to Gerhard!

Regards,
Jakob

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

Re: PMC chair of Apache MyFaces changed

Posted by Ali Ok <al...@aliok.com.tr>.
Congrats Gerard.

Posted by Blake Sullivan <bl...@oracle.com>.
Matthias,

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.
hi @ all,

thx to all of you btw.:
since there were many messages via different channels (all 3 mailing-lists
as well as different kinds of direct messages), i decided to >update< my
blog entry -> see [1] :)

thx! & regards,
gerhard

[1] http://os890.blogspot.com/2011/03/apache-myfaces-pmc-chair.html

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
@Matzew:
Thanks very much for all the work you did for the whole community. Actually,
we all will miss you.

@Gerhard:
Congratulation ;).
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Congrats Gerhard!!
>
> And its sad to see you leave Matthias! I agree with Kito and will
> definitely miss you!
>
> Bruno
>

> On 17 March 2011 18:56, Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for all of your hard work, Matthias! We'll miss you.
>>
>> Welcome, Gerhard!
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> http://www.jsfcentral.com
>> http://www.Virtua.com <http://www.virtua.com/>
>>

>> On Mar 17, 2011, at 3:20 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am stepping back from being the Apache MyFaces PMC chair.
>> > The MyFaces PMC did vote (internally) that Gerhard Petracek would
>> > be a very good PMC chair.
>> >
>> > Yesterday, during the board meeting, this has been made official.
>> >
>> > Please join me in welcoming Gerhard as being the new PMC chair of
>> > Apache MyFaces!
>> >
>> > Congrats, Gerhard!
>> >
>> > -Matthias
>> >
>> > --
>> > Matthias Wessendorf
>> >
>> > blog: http://matthiaswessendorf.wordpress.com/
>> > sessions: http://www.slideshare.net/mwessendorf
>> > twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

--
Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed

Author of (The Definitive Guide to Apache MyFaces and Facelets):
http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Apache-MyFaces-Facelets/dp/1590597370
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B002M052KY

Visualize and share your social networks 2D and 3D:
http://www.mapmysocial.com

Re: PMC chair of Apache MyFaces changed

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.
hi @ all,

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Gerhard!!

Posted by Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com>.

Posted by Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com>.

Posted by Rudy De Busscher <rd...@gmail.com>.
Matthias,

Thx for the work and effort you have put into the Myfaces project.

Gerhard,

Congratulations.

Regards
Rudy

Posted by Walter Mourão <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Mathias.

Congratulations Gerhard, and good luck! :-)

Walter Mourão
http://waltermourao.com.br
http://arcadian.com.br
http://oriens.com.br

Posted by Blake Sullivan <bl...@oracle.com>.
Matthias,

Posted by Walter Mourão <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Mathias.

Posted by Bart Kummel <ba...@kummelweb.nl>.
Hi Matthias, Gerhard,

@Matthias: Thanks for all the work you did. Hope you will still be part of
the community, be it in a different role.
@Gerhard: Congratulations! In the past few years, I have got to know you as
a very enthusiastic person, I think that's a very important quality for a
chair!

Best regards,
Bart

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 08:20, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am stepping back from being the Apache MyFaces PMC chair.
> The MyFaces PMC did vote (internally) that Gerhard Petracek would
> be a very good PMC chair.
>
> Yesterday, during the board meeting, this has been made official.
>
> Please join me in welcoming Gerhard as being the new PMC chair of
> Apache MyFaces!
>
> Congrats, Gerhard!
>
> -Matthias
>
> --
> Matthias Wessendorf

*Bart Kummel*

Author of the book Apache MyFaces 1.2 Web Application
Development<http://tinyurl.com/am12wad>
blog: BK <http://www.bartkummel.net/> | twitter: @bkummel
<http://twitter.com/bkummel>