Posted to user@madlib.apache.org by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io> on 2016/04/28 17:11:59 UTC

[virtual] MADlib Community Call - "Deeper Dive on 1.9" - Thurs, May 5, 9AM Pacific

Dear MADlib community,

After last week's joint session with the Greenplum Database community:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z30U2-QY948, Frank and Xiaocheng told us
that they had over prepared with even more longer and deeper demos of the
new features in MADlib 1.9.

So lets convene a call of the MADlib Community where they can show off in
more detail about the great new capabilities in the new release.

Join us next Thursday, May 5, at 9AM Pacifc at our usual meeting URL:
https://pivotalcommunity​.adobeconnect.com/madlib​/

This will be an advanced session, so bring your data science scuba gear.

Frank and Xiaocheng will show multiple example use cases for:
Path functions
Support Vector Machines
Word Stemmer
And maybe more!

As time permits, we'll also cover our usual standing agenda:

-Open Jiras, and ways to contribute
-Next release coordination
-Open Q&A

Please join us on Thursday, May 5th, 2016 at:
https://pivotalcommunity.adobeconnect.com/madlib/
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fpivotalcommunity.adobeconnect.com%2Fmadlib%2F&sa=D&ust=1456346898574000&usg=AFQjCNH8l0d89QE4K99o0Q43VlbcWYyesQ>

3/16 San Francisco, CA 9:00 AM PST UTC-8 hours
3/16 New York, NY 12:00 PM EST UTC-5 hours

----------------
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:

Test your connection:
https://pivotalcommunity.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fpivotalcommunity.adobeconnect.com%2Fcommon%2Fhelp%2Fen%2Fsupport%2Fmeeting_test.htm&sa=D&ust=1456346898574000&usg=AFQjCNHmaG1-oj_0SaK1KqC-Mb1ofpVTGg>

Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html