Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Xeno Amess <xe...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/30 14:53:35 UTC

[bean-utils] MethodUtils.getPrimitiveWrapper : should we consider about Void and void?

right now the logic is :

/**
 * Gets the wrapper object class for the given primitive type class.
 * For example, passing {@code boolean.class</code> returns <code>Boolean.class}
 * @param primitiveType the primitive type class for which a match is
to be found
 * @return the wrapper type associated with the given primitive
 * or null if no match is found
 */
public static Class<?> getPrimitiveWrapper(final Class<?> primitiveType) {
    // does anyone know a better strategy than comparing names?
    if (boolean.class.equals(primitiveType)) {
        return Boolean.class;
    } else if (float.class.equals(primitiveType)) {
        return Float.class;
    } else if (long.class.equals(primitiveType)) {
        return Long.class;
    } else if (int.class.equals(primitiveType)) {
        return Integer.class;
    } else if (short.class.equals(primitiveType)) {
        return Short.class;
    } else if (byte.class.equals(primitiveType)) {
        return Byte.class;
    } else if (double.class.equals(primitiveType)) {
        return Double.class;
    } else if (char.class.equals(primitiveType)) {
        return Character.class;
    } else {

        return null;
    }
}

I know void can never be a class of a parameter of a function, but should
we consider about adding logics for void and Void?
after all void.class.isPrimitive() is true...

same question with function getPrimitiveType