Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Gabriel Millerd <gm...@gmail.com> on 2004/07/10 16:10:26 UTC

debian stable backport woes

i am running debian woody + backports.org 's backports like the tigris
website suggests. i have also downloaded the source and gone through
compilation.

the problem i am having is that svnadmin create {namehere} never
completes ... and cannot be ^C aborted ... then i need to start a new
shell and kill that process ... if i try and recover it incidently it
has terrible errors most of the time (problems all the time however)

i am running the same libdb4.2 that is from backports as well

any help? thanks

Re: debian stable backport woes

Posted by Gabriel Millerd <gm...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:21:38 +0200, Ulrich Eckhardt
<ec...@satorlaser.com> wrote:

> I have been running the same setup, but for me it worked, so I don't think the
> backports packages are bad. I had some problems with libs installed in ~/lib
> and forgotten there that interfered with the system-wide packages, could that
> be the case with you too?

    agreed, system wide problem not a backports ... thats why the
compile fails as well. this machine (and the other one i tried on) are
merely up to date woody/backport machines waiting to be apache2+svn
machines.
    no funky libs compiled by myself.

> > ... and cannot be ^C aborted ... then i need to start a new
> > shell and kill that process
>
> try ^Z then you can kill it from the same shell.

   that signal doesnt work either, infact "kill" needs higher that
default signals, eg kill -9 $pid versus kill $pid ... its really
locked up.

Re: debian stable backport woes

Posted by Ulrich Eckhardt <ec...@satorlaser.com>.
Gabriel Millerd wrote:
> i am running debian woody + backports.org 's backports like the tigris
> website suggests. i have also downloaded the source and gone through
> compilation.

I have been running the same setup, but for me it worked, so I don't think the
backports packages are bad. I had some problems with libs installed in ~/lib
and forgotten there that interfered with the system-wide packages, could that
be the case with you too?

> ... and cannot be ^C aborted ... then i need to start a new
> shell and kill that process

try ^Z then you can kill it from the same shell.

Uli