Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by ramkrishna vasudevan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/28 04:07:40 UTC

Re: Debugging High I/O Wait

Hi Srinidhi

As you said the cache, WAL files are in the RS SSD drives. The cache and
the WAL files reside on seperate SSDs or on the same SSD?

Or there writes happening also while these reads happen from the Bucket
cache?  Is your LRU cache big enough to hold all the index blocks?

Regards
Ram

Re: Debugging High I/O Wait

Posted by Srinidhi Muppalla <sr...@trulia.com>.
They reside on the same SSD. Is it advisable to have separate volume for the WALs?

There are writes happening while reads are happening from the Bucket cache.

I believe our LRU cache is big enough to hold all the index blocks. I don't have the exact numbers from the cluster when it last had the issue, but right now on our currently healthy cluster our region servers have 2.2 GB dedicated to the LRU cache. On average right now, each region server has a sum total of ~20MB for all its indexes.

Thanks,
Srinidhi