Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Res Pons <po...@hotmail.com> on 2006/03/30 17:46:19 UTC

Really a non-forum related question

OK the only remote relation my question has to do with this forum is that I
use Subversion and Ant and Linux shell scripting to do my builds.  Please
someone either give me their expertise or point me to a forum to ask this
question.

I FTP couple of files from a Linux RHEL 3.5 server to a Windows Domain and
my ftp script sends my password in raw ascii text.  I have no idea to send
my password encrypted for Windows to understand.  Any idea, suggestion, or
forum I can pose this question please?

Thanks.

Re: Really a non-forum related question

Posted by Res Pons <po...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you so very much for your help :)

Posted by "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A....@mdl.com>.

Posted by "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A....@mdl.com>.

Posted by Res Pons <po...@hotmail.com>.
Great, thank you for all the info.

If your target server is running Windows, then you'll need to setup an SSH
distribution on that server and configure a user that your build scripts can
use when uploading files. I'm pretty sure Cygwin allows authentication with
domain credentials, which is what you want to use here.

As for the Ant side, if you install the jcsh libraries, you'll have support
in Ant for the "scp" task, which will let you do what you want. Check in the
Ant documentation page for "Optional Tasks".

	Cheers,
		Jean-Philippe Daigle

Posted by Jean-Philippe Daigle <jp...@softwareengineering.ca>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
http://www.ssh.com/support/downloads/secureshellwks/non-commercial.html
gives you file transfer over ssh in a nicely packaged setup - Windows
drag and drop into the Linux directory with a terminal emulation (ansi,
vt100, etc) over SSH
They also have a commercial version at a fair price.

Ron

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.