Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Doug Davis <du...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/02/14 13:56:13 UTC

Using Axis

All,
  Just wanted to give a little heads-up to something that
IBM is doing.  I didn't think it was anything at all, since
Axis is open-source, but talking with Glen yesterday made it
clear that it would be best if I at least gave you guys a
heads-up - to reduce the element of surprise.  8-)
The next release of the WSTK will include Axis.  This is
not meant to be a product release, it's meant to simply be
a preview of what's going on in the Axis development group.
We're pretty excited about this project and since the WSTK
is a vehicle for showcasing new and upcoming technology
it seemed like a perfect match.  IBM's use of and involvement
in Apache projects is obviously nothing new, so this shouldn't
be that big of a surprise, but I just wanted to mention it
before it actually happened.
-Dug