Posted to dev@crail.apache.org by Jonas Pfefferle <pe...@japf.ch> on 2018/11/05 15:37:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc4]

Hi all,

We prepared a new release to address the issues found in rc3. This is a call
for a vote on releasing Apache Crail 1.1-incubating, release candidate 4.
The following issues has been addressed:

* Append filename in checksum files to allow checking checksums with
"sha512sum -c"
* Add instruction to README to generate/access documentation locally from
source
* Add LICENSE, NOTICE and DISCLAIMER file to binary tarball and jars
META-INF
* Add top level directory to binary tarball
* Minor fixes in the documentation

The source and binary tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/crail/1.1-rc4/

The commit to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-crail.git;a=commit;h=f34314a49a0ca795d163988e56778641ca2c7a1d

The Nexus Staging URL:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecrail-1003/

Release artifacts are signed with the key AA557B11:
https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/crail/KEYS

For information about the contents of this release, see:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-crail.git;a=blob_plain;f=HISTORY.md;hb=f34314a49a0ca795d163988e56778641ca2c7a1d
or for better readability
https://github.com/apache/incubator-crail/blob/v1.1-rc4/HISTORY.md

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Crail 1.1-incubating

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Crail 1.1-incubating
[ ] +0 no opinion

Jonas

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc4]

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
We used to have one:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/distribution/tomcat/testing/legal-checks/src/test/java/itest/JarsInLICENSETestCase.java

Probably much simpler to integrate if one writes a quick python/bash script

Posted by Jonas Pfefferle <pe...@japf.ch>.

Posted by Jonas Pfefferle <pe...@japf.ch>.
Luciano,

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Jonas,

These are good questions to ask on general@incubator. Luciano and I
are reasonably expert, but you've noticed our answers are inconsistent
(just as if you asked two lawyers or two economists). Ask on
general@incubator and the answers will be more robust.

Julian

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc4]

Posted by Jonas Pfefferle <pe...@japf.ch>.
Hi all,

We will cancel the vote again due to found issues with the missing licenses
in the LICENSE file and copyrights in the NOTICE file for the binary
release. We will try to change them according to the links Justin send. If
someone has found other pressing issues that would block the next vote
please let us know.

Thanks,
Jonas

  On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 10:42:22 -0800

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Luciano,

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
-1

Posted by Animesh Trivedi <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jonas - thanks for preparing the release. I checked

- checked checksum for the source and binary tar.gz - OK
- checked signature for the source and binary tar.gz - OK
- checked DISCLAIMER, NOTICE, and LICENSE files in the source and binary
tar.gz - OK
- build from the source release - OK
- compared git source tag with the source tar.gz - OK

+1 from my side.

Cheers,
--
Animesh