Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Eloise Carlton <el...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/20 12:23:26 UTC

Re: How to report FN on HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI

Thank you for taking the time to report this. We've audited this
sender; they are a social network, where users can communicate within a
network or users inviting friends to join a forum. The sender also
implemented Captcha as part of the registration. We are working to find
out more of the how they've acquired a spamtrap address. We will provide
an update as we conclude this investigation.

Kind regards,
Eloise Carlton
ecarlton@habeas.com

Posted by SM <sm...@resistor.net>.
Hi Eloise,
At 02:07 02-06-2008, Eloise Carlton wrote:
>We are working with the sender and providing recommendations to secure
>and monitor account users (such as using captcha to prevent bots from
>registering and setting rate limits on the user level). Currently there
>is no historical data on abuse from this particular user, they have
>flagged this account and another report will result in immediate
>deactivation. If there is another observation on abuse please send it to
>us.

The Captcha used by several large email providers have been broken
and that has led to an increase in the amount of spam originating
from their networks.  You might wish to take that into account in
your recommendations.

Regards,
-sm

Re: How to report FN on HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI

Posted by Eloise Carlton <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.

Posted by ram <ra...@netcore.co.in>.