Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Laura E. Frost" <le...@health.state.ny.us> on 2002/04/16 22:41:03 UTC

SCCS and Ant Question

Ant-User,

Hopefully this is not a ridiculous question, but ......I have read through
the documentation and I see
wrappers, etc. for many source control products, except the one that I
currently work with.

How does Ant integrate with SCCS? e.g. If I want to test to see if
something is checked out in sccs
and make a decision about whether and what copy of the code to copy to a
staging area, how would I do that
with Ant?
Maybe I have just completely missed something basic to Ant, it wouldn't be
the first time.

Hope you can help and thank you for your time and patience.

Re: SCCS and Ant Question

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- "Laura E. Frost" <le...@health.state.ny.us> wrote:
> How does Ant integrate with SCCS?

I don't know of an Ant task for doing SCCS commands (doesn't mean there
isn't one out there somewhere, just that I don't know of it if there is).
You could probably write one pretty easily, snarfing from the other SCM
tasks, if you're up for it. Otherwise, <exec> is probably your next best
choice.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)