Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com> on 2015/06/09 02:32:19 UTC

Reminder: 1.2 branching

Hi all!

Just a quick reminder that the plan is to branch 1.2 on or about Monday
June 15th, which is a week from today.

Any one have concerns? If we considered the branch feature frozen, would
that work for everyone?

--
Sean

Re: Reminder: 1.2 branching

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi folks!

If you happen to have any open issues with HBase that require a minor
version bump, the 1.2 branch is planned to be made in a week.

This is a general heads-up; I'll be going through open tickets targeting
the release this week and checking on specific statuses.

--
Sean

Re: Reminder: 1.2 branching

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi folks!

Re: Reminder: 1.2 branching

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi folks!

Re: Reminder: 1.2 branching

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.
Sounds good. You can create the 1.3.0 jira release label if not there and
point branch-1 to be 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.

Enis

Re: Reminder: 1.2 branching

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.

Re: Reminder: 1.2 branching

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Sounds fine to me.

The Distributed Log Replay and flush-by-store features are on by default in
1.2. Testing and working on fixing any issues found (will also work on
ensuring rolling upgradeable). Will capitulate if we are unable to
stabilize to the RMs satisfaction.

Thanks Sean,
St.Ack