Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by dragonli <dr...@cn.ibm.com> on 2007/07/31 05:28:50 UTC

Could not start the server

Hi,
  i am a new user of geronimo. when i download the latest version of
geronimo.
Exception is thrown when i try to start the server according to the
documentation.
what's wrong with this? could any experts give me some advice? thanks

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
org.apache.geroni
mo.configs/webconsole-tomcat/2.0-M6/car failed
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon
figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:547)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon
figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:511)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastCla
ssByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethod
Invoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperatio
n.java:127)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.
java:828)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:5
7)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperat
ionInvoker.java:35)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(Pro
xyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$9bd0026a.s
tartConfiguration(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.doStartup(EmbeddedDaem
on.java:150)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.execute(EmbeddedDaemon
.java:71)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(Ma
inConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:67)
        at org.apache.geronimo.cli.daemon.DaemonCLI.main(DaemonCLI.java:30)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unknown
sta
rt exception
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:508)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(Ke
rnelConfigurationManager.java:188)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon
figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:530)
        ... 15 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
Configuratio
n org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.0-M6/car failed to start due
the following reasons:
  The service
ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.0-M6/c
ar,j2eeType=CORBABean,name=Server did not start because
org.apache.geronimo.conf
igs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.0-M6/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-co
rba-yoko/2.0-M6/car,j2eeType=CORBANameService,name=NameServer did not start.
  The service
ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.0-M6/c
ar,j2eeType=CORBANameService,name=NameServer did not start because Error
startin
g transient name service
  The service
ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.0-M6/c
ar,j2eeType=CORBABean,name=UnprotectedServer did not start because
org.apache.ge
ronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.0-M6/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.conf
igs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.0-M6/car,j2eeType=CORBANameService,name=NameServer did
not
 start.

        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:471)
        ... 17 more
[] received stop signal
[***************************>    ] 85%  30s Startup failed

Re: Could not start the server

Posted by Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva <ro...@gmail.com>.
Dragonli,

maybe you haven't set the JAVA_HOME variable correctly.
try export JAVA_HOME=<path to your JVM dir, /usr/lib/jvm/java-... in ubuntu>
then start geronimo through the bin/startup.sh script

On 7/31/07, dragonli <dr...@cn.ibm.com> wrote:

> [...]
> start.
>   The service
> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.0-M6/c
> ar,j2eeType=CORBANameService,name=NameServer did not start because Error
> startin
> g transient name service
>   The service
> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.0-M6/c
> ar,j2eeType=CORBABean,name=UnprotectedServer did not start because
> org.apache.ge
> ronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.0-M6/car?ServiceModule=
> org.apache.geronimo.conf
> igs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.0-M6/car,j2eeType=CORBANameService,name=NameServer
> did
> not
> start.
>
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio

Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Engenharia de Computação - Coop8
http://www.coop8.rg.com.br
Grêmio Politécnico - Gestão Colabora
http://www.gremio.poli.usp.br

"Não importa como morre o home, importa como vive." Carijó, velho do rio.

"To the person with only a hammer, everything looks like a nail." bussdriver

Re: Could not start the server

Posted by Ted Kirby <te...@gmail.com>.
I'd recommend using GERONIMO_HOME/bin/geronimo.{bat,sh} to start the server.

Ted Kirby

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Is something already running on the corba name server port, normally
1050?  If not you might find more clues in var/log/geronimo.log

david jencks

Posted by dragonli <dr...@cn.ibm.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jul 30, 2007, at 8:28 PM, dragonli wrote:

> Hi,
>   i am a new user of geronimo. when i download the latest version of
> geronimo.
> Exception is thrown when i try to start the server according to the
> documentation.
> what's wrong with this? could any experts give me some advice? thanks

"latest version" could mean several things and "according to the
documention " is certainly ambiguous.

 From the stack trace I wonder if you are starting geronimo with an