Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Zoltan Haindrich <ki...@rxd.hu> on 2021/04/06 16:40:34 UTC

merged development branch with a bunch of commits

Hey All!

Seems like a changeset was merged without being squashed first...now we have a changeset in 38 commits...
I wanted to fix this - but I was not able to force-push the master branch to properly merge https://github.com/apache/hive/pull/2037

https://github.com/apache/hive/commits/master?before=2eb0e00d5d614d3144519cf4861ec1759a373c7d+35&branch=master

What do we want to do with this?

cheers,
Zoltan

Re: merged development branch with a bunch of commits

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
Good catch Zoltan!

I think it makes sense to enable force pushing for this and other similar
kinds of problems. I don't find the errata approach [1] very convenient to
fix these kinds of issues.

As I said previously in [1] I don't see a big risk in enabling force push;
it isn't something to be used regularly but it is very helpful to clean up
messy situations.

Best,
Stamatis

[1]