Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Manuel Sugawara <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/05 00:47:48 UTC

RequestFilter running after serving assets

Hi all,

I have a RequestFilter that serves some content from the database and I
would like that  it run after the assets dispatcher in order to avoid the
creation of the service that access the database. Is this possible?. How
are dispatchers and filters related?. Any pointers to the docs would also
be appreciated.

Regards,
Manuel.

Re: RequestFilter running after serving assets

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 21:08:10 -0300, Manuel Sugawara
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I guess that will work. So, let me rephrase, When is appropriate to
> use a dispatcher and when a filter?

Dispatchers are meant to provide a response to a request. Request filters
are better suited for applying logic which is cross-page.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: RequestFilter running after serving assets

Posted by Manuel Sugawara <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 19:47:48 -0300, Manuel Sugawara <
> manuel.sugawara@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Hi all,
>>

> Hi!
>

>  I have a RequestFilter that serves some content from the database and I
>> would like that  it run after the assets dispatcher in order to avoid the
>> creation of the service that access the database. Is this possible?.
>>

> Why don't you write it as a Dispatcher instead?

Yeah, I guess that will work. So, let me rephrase, When is appropriate to
use a dispatcher and when a filter?

Thanks.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi!

> I have a RequestFilter that serves some content from the database and I
> would like that  it run after the assets dispatcher in order to avoid the
> creation of the service that access the database. Is this possible?.

Why don't you write it as a Dispatcher instead?

> How are dispatchers and filters related?.

The dispatchers are invoked by a RequestFilter added as the the terminator
(last RequestFilter executed in the pipeline).

> Any pointers to the docs would also be appreciated.

http://tapestry.apache.org/request-processing.html, specially the diagram
in the end.