Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com> on 2016/09/07 21:06:25 UTC

How PMC members are supposed to enforce release policy?

Dear mentors,

The release policy says that PMC members, before +1ing a release
candidate, must "verify[ing] that the package meets the requirements
of the ASF policy on releases".

Does that imply that PMC members need to be familiar with (and check
for) the rules on http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html in every RC
tarball?

Re: How PMC members are supposed to enforce release policy?

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.
Thank you for the tips.

I've filed a JIRA to get RAT working:

https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-4110