Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Han The Man <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2003/08/20 14:36:25 UTC

Cannot commit

I have 0.27 on Linux running http with the latest Apache version.

My problem is, I can do a "svn list" just fine, but I cannot svn commit. The
client says that the server "actively refused the connection."

Is this a security issue?

I have done a "chmod -R 777 /myrepos" to grant full permission on the file
level (I think)

Also, I have added this to the config file:

<Directory "/myrepos/*">
   Order allow, deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

<Location /svn>
   DAV svn
   SVNParentPath /myrepos
</Location>

Any clues what might be wrong?

Re: Cannot commit

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
Han The Man wrote:
> I have 0.27 on Linux running http with the latest Apache version.
>
> My problem is, I can do a "svn list" just fine, but I cannot svn commit.
> The client says that the server "actively refused the connection."
>
> Is this a security issue?
>
> I have done a "chmod -R 777 /myrepos" to grant full permission on the
> file level (I think)
>
> Also, I have added this to the config file:
>
> <Directory "/myrepos/*">
>   Order allow, deny
>   Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> <Location /svn>
>   DAV svn
>   SVNParentPath /myrepos
> </Location>
>
> Any clues what might be wrong?

Not without seeing the actual error message.  Please send us a
transcript of your attempt to do the commit.

-garrett