Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/25 08:40:26 UTC

[DRAFT] Spec for OpenMeetings Demo Server

We have to agree on some kind of hardware spec for the a potential
OpenMeetings Demo server.

See the "Goals" section of that spec:

We really don't want to make a commercial/end user offering with that demo
server. The server should be a primary functional reference, that tells us
how the application works, to run automated test and to improve the quality
of the product.

That might include opening it up for volunteers to test, but usage should
stay inside reasonable boundaries.

I would propose the following specification / letter for Infra team:

---------

Goals of the demo server:

The goal of the demo server is to have a functional reference where
developers and testers can run verification tests of OpenMeetings
functionality.
Those tests might happen manually or automated with tools like Selenium.

Hardware requirements:
2-4 vcpus
4-8 GB RAM max
100GB disk
reasonable use of bandwidth

Software requirements:

Any linux distro (preferred is Ubuntu, Debian)
Root access, OpenMeetings has a number of software requirements that the
OpenMeetings PMC can install on their own (see:
http://openmeetings.apache.org/installation.html)

Estimated load:

An average daily peak of 10-20, on a quartly year peak there might be up to
50 concurrent user sessions.

---------

If you agree to this agenda please vote or otherwise comment.

If we have some kind of consens we will forward that to @infra

Thanks,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Re: [DRAFT] Spec for OpenMeetings Demo Server

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
I will forward the spec now to the Apache Infra team.

Thanks for all the votes and comments

Sebastian

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hallo Joseph,

Posted by Vasiliy Degtyarev <va...@unipro.ru>.
+1

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [DRAFT] Spec for OpenMeetings Demo Server

Posted by Irina Arkhipets <ir...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards,
Irina