Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by gc...@s-und-n.de on 2002/07/16 15:09:41 UTC

FW: Running the Slide samples with JDBC?

I repost here since i don't know if Stephan monitors cocoon-users.

Re: FW: Running the Slide samples with JDBC?

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 gcasper@s-und-n.de wrote:

> I repost here since i don't know if Stephan monitors cocoon-users.

I am, but somethimes I didn't noticed a mail, if I get 200 mails a day
from several lists;-)

> gcasper schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > while trying the Slide samples of 2.1-dev CVS on Win2K , I can't get it
> > running with JDBC store.
> > It looks like Slide doesn't pick up the values configured in
> > samples/slide/slide.xconf and the Slide nodestore ist always in memory
> and
> > contentstore is always on filesystem.

I also noticed that. I seems to me that the EmbededDomain doesn't
process the configuration.

> > Am I missing something?
> > How is it supposed to work with a JDBC store?
> > Any hint is appreciated!

I have tested some systems with a MySQL database, and those works for me:

      <nodestore classname="slidestore.mysql.MySQLDescriptorsStore">
       <parameter name="driver">org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</parameter>
       <parameter name="url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/myDB</parameter>
       <parameter name="user">stephan</parameter>
       <parameter name="password">***</parameter>
      </nodestore>
      <contentstore classname="slidestore.mysql.MySQLContentStore">
       <parameter name="driver">org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</parameter>
       <parameter name="url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/myDB</parameter>
       <parameter name="user">stephan</parameter>
       <parameter name="password">***</parameter>
      </contentstore>

I will take a look into this thing in the next days.

Sorry, Stephan Michels.