Posted to commons-dev@db.apache.org by as...@netcom.no on 2003/03/13 13:52:05 UTC

I'd like to contribute

Hi!

My name is Aslak Helles�y. I'm one of the XDoclet admins and also the
creator of a tool called Middlegen: http://boss.bekk.no/boss/middlegen/

I have had some conversations with James Strachan about merging the
core of Middlegen into db-commons.

The part of Middlegen I'd like to contribute to db-commons reads
DatabaseMetaData and builds an object model consisting of Table,
Column, PrimaryKey and ForeignKey objects. These classes are very
similar to what you have in the current Commons SQL.

I'm currently doing some refactorings to make Middlegen's code more
compatible with Commons SQL (which will be moved to db-commons AFAICT),
and I'll notify you when these refactorings are done, so you can have a
look at it.

Cheers,
Aslak