Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/26 10:09:51 UTC

Kafka issue

Hey,

For one of our jobs we ran into this issue. It's probably some dependency
issue but we cant figure it out as a very similar setup works without
issues for a different program.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
scala.Predef$.ArrowAssoc(Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;
at
kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseMetrics.<init>(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:32)
at
kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseStats.<init>(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:46)
at
kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseStatsRegistry$$anonfun$2.apply(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:59)
at
kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseStatsRegistry$$anonfun$2.apply(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:59)
at kafka.utils.Pool.getAndMaybePut(Pool.scala:61)
at
kafka.consumer.FetchRequestAndResponseStatsRegistry$.getFetchRequestAndResponseStats(FetchRequestAndResponseStats.scala:63)
at kafka.consumer.SimpleConsumer.<init>(SimpleConsumer.scala:39)
at kafka.javaapi.consumer.SimpleConsumer.<init>(SimpleConsumer.scala:34)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.FlinkKafkaConsumer08.getPartitionsForTopic(FlinkKafkaConsumer08.java:518)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.FlinkKafkaConsumer08.<init>(FlinkKafkaConsumer08.java:218)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.FlinkKafkaConsumer08.<init>(FlinkKafkaConsumer08.java:193)
at com.king.deduplo.source.EventSource.readRawInput(EventSource.java:46)
at com.king.deduplo.DeduploProgram.main(DeduploProgram.java:33)
at
at
at
org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.callMainMethod(PackagedProgram.java:505)
at
org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.invokeInteractiveModeForExecution(PackagedProgram.java:403)
at org.apache.flink.client.program.Client.runBlocking(Client.java:248)
at
org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend.executeProgramBlocking(CliFrontend.java:866)
at org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend.run(CliFrontend.java:333)
at
org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend.parseParameters(CliFrontend.java:1189)
at org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend.main(CliFrontend.java:1239)

Any insights?

Cheers,
Gyula

Re: Kafka issue

Posted by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com>.
I have inspected mvn dependency:tree in the meantime, the maven build
fortunately looks healthy fortunately, it seems my IntelliJ is very keen on
the freshly acquired dependencies it has gathered recently for scala 2.11.

Re: Kafka issue

Posted by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,

Re: Kafka issue

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.

Re: Kafka issue

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Gyula,

we discovered yesterday that our build process for Scala 2.11 is broken for
the Kafka connector. The reason is that a property value is not properly
resolved and thus pulls in the 2.10 Kafka dependencies. Max already opened
a PR to fix this problem. I hope this will also solve your problem.

Cheers,
Till

On Mar 3, 2016 9:36 AM, "Gyula Fóra" <gy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Do we have any idea why this is happening in the snapshot repo? We have
run into the same issue again...

> Cheers,
> Gyula
>
> Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2016. febr. 26., P,
11:17):

>> Thanks Robert, so apparently the snapshot version was screwed up somehow
and included the 2.11 dependencies.

>> Now it works.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Gyula
>>
>> Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2016. febr. 26., P,
11:09):

>>> That actually seemed to be the issue, not that I compiled my own
version it doesnt have these wrond jars in the dependency tree...

>>> Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2016. febr. 26.,
P, 11:01):

org.scala-lang.modules:scala-parser-combinators_2.11:jar:1.0.2:compile

26., P, 10:56):

cluster that is definitely running the correct Scala version (2.10) and I
still got the error. So it might be something with the pom.xml but we just
don't see how it is different from the correct one.

26., P, 10:42):

Re: Kafka issue

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.
Hey,