Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Royal <pr...@managingpartners.com> on 2002/04/13 21:57:56 UTC

Status of Cocoon component migration.

see http://www.mail-archive.com/avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg05192.html
for the most recent thread on this.

It appears that the SourceResolver never made it out of scratchpad.

I have a need for cocoon's XSLTProcessor outside of Cocoon and thus I will
port that this afternoon. Its only component dependencies are upon the Store
and SourceResolver. Since Store support is optional I will just leave that
bit unimplemented for now. Is org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.xslt a good
package name?

It also uses org.apache.cocoon.util.ClassUtils, and harm in moving that
pretty much as-is to org.apache.avalon.excalibur.util.ClassUtils?
-pete

Re: XSLT Component, was Re: Status of Cocoon component migration.

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Thursday 25 April 2002 03:11 am, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Yes, it's exactly the way I would have done it :)

good! :)

> One thing I just "corrected", the xslt processor should lookup the
> source resolver instead of getting it set.

I wasn't sure on that one, I just had copied the previous behavior. Thanks
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org

RE: XSLT Component, was Re: Status of Cocoon component migration.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Peter Royal wrote:

> On Wednesday 24 April 2002 08:42 am, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > in my eyes, the xslt component should use the sourceresolve package
> > to resolve xsl files, like the cocoon version does. This will allow
> > easy integration in every project using avalon.
> > So a dependency on the sourceresolve bundle is necessary.
>
> okie I've commited the xlst processor. If you could, look over how i'm
> converting the Source into SAX events to make sure I got all the
> discussions
> on the topic correct. thanks! :)

Yes, it's exactly the way I would have done it :)

One thing I just "corrected", the xslt processor should lookup the
source resolver instead of getting it set.

Carsten

Re: XSLT Component, was Re: Status of Cocoon component migration.

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Peter Donald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:42, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > The move is finished now and everything should be stable and
> > (hopefully) working.
>
> I am going to try to integrate it this weekend into stuff I am
> working on. If
> you could hold of moving it to cocoon and finalizing the
> component till then
> that would be great !

It's already in Cocoon :)

But this is no problem, it's not activated yet, so if there are
any changes, I can simply reflect them. I'm interested in your
feedback.

Carsten

Re: XSLT Component, was Re: Status of Cocoon component migration.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:42, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> The move is finished now and everything should be stable and
> (hopefully) working.

I am going to try to integrate it this weekend into stuff I am working on. If
you could hold of moving it to cocoon and finalizing the component till then
that would be great !

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

RE: XSLT Component, was Re: Status of Cocoon component migration.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi Peter,

in my eyes, the xslt component should use the sourceresolve package
to resolve xsl files, like the cocoon version does. This will allow
easy integration in every project using avalon.
So a dependency on the sourceresolve bundle is necessary.

The move is finished now and everything should be stable and
(hopefully) working.

Bye
Carsten

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@managingpartners.com>.
On Saturday 13 April 2002 05:56 pm, PeterDonald wrote:
> > It also uses org.apache.cocoon.util.ClassUtils, and harm in moving that
> > pretty much as-is to org.apache.avalon.excalibur.util.ClassUtils?
>
> For the time being I would actually move it into the same package as where
> you move the XSLT stuff. This would mean that the xslt package was
> decoupled from utils.* and thus easier to reuse. I may even just copy-paste
> the required methods into classes that use them if ther eis only a few uses
> of the methods.

Willdo. I didn't end up using it this weekend (decided doing an edi interface
wasn't what i wanted to spend my weekend hours on, altrmi is more fun) but
might get to it this week.
-pete

Re: Status of Cocoon component migration.

Posted by PeterDonald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 05:57, Peter Royal wrote:
> see http://www.mail-archive.com/avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg05192.html
> for the most recent thread on this.
>
> It appears that the SourceResolver never made it out of scratchpad.

We should probably get around to releasing that ;)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Peter Royal wrote:

> see
> http://www.mail-archive.com/avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg05192.html
> for the most recent thread on this.
>
> It appears that the SourceResolver never made it out of scratchpad.

Yupp, I just started with integrating the SourceResolver back into
Cocoon. The current CVS of Cocoon is able to use the SourceResolver
but I'm not happy with the Source/ModifiableSource etc. interfaces
and wanted to start a discussion about this topic this week as soon
as I get time for it.
I hope to get it out of scratchpad either this or next week.

> I have a need for cocoon's XSLTProcessor outside of Cocoon and
> thus I will
> port that this afternoon.
Great!

Carsten