Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by pe...@ec4b.com on 2007/04/12 02:14:30 UTC

TAX on Shipping (Order > NewOrder > GrandTotal)

Hi,

In the UK we need to charge TAX (aka...VAT) on the shipping, is this the
same in the USA?

I ask this because I noticed that the (using the standard configuration)
order totals (Order > OrderEntry > GrandTotal) does not add the TAX on
shipping to the grand total.

Does anyone know what file/s control this?

Thanks & Regards,

Peter

RE: TAX on Shipping (Order > NewOrder > GrandTotal)

Posted by pe...@ec4b.com.
Hi David,

Thanks got it...

        productCategoryId="" titleTransferEnumId="" minItemPrice="0.00"
minPurchase="0.00" taxShipping="N" taxPercentage="17.5"

Thanks & Regards,

Peter

In the USA it varies by state, county, and even city. There is a
setting on the product rate record for a TaxAuthority to specify
whether or not to charge tax on shipping.

-David

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.