Posted to user@struts.apache.org by er...@mindspring.com on 2005/08/31 01:44:24 UTC

Need help with dynamic number of form fields

Hello all. I am not good with Dyna forms. What I am trying to accomplish is to set up a form that allows a random number of each logical field to be populated. I know this discussion came up recently, but I don't exactly know what to search for in the archives.

This approximates what I am trying to do:

<form-bean name="fooForm" type="org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm">
  <form-property name="fooName" type="java.lang.String[]" />

The point is to allow the user to add as many Foos as he wants. Each time he clicks an "add" button, I provide a new field. So the ActionForm has to be able to handle an undeterminable number of Foos.

What is the best way to handle this, ActionForm-wise? Can someone point me to a resource?

Thanks,

Erik