Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2019/11/08 13:57:54 UTC

Fwd: svn commit: r36676 - in /release/jmeter: binaries/ source/

Hi Vladimir,

With the new build script, there is a gradle task to do this ? I don't
think if i see the results of the "./gradlew tasks" command.

Note: I use the (old) ant script to remove the v5.1.1 from release site.

Milamber

Author: milamber
Date: Fri Nov  8 13:51:31 2019
New Revision: 36676

Log:
Deleting old release apache-jmeter-5.1.1

Removed:
     release/jmeter/binaries/apache-jmeter-5.1.1.tgz
     release/jmeter/binaries/apache-jmeter-5.1.1.tgz.asc
     release/jmeter/binaries/apache-jmeter-5.1.1.tgz.sha512
     release/jmeter/binaries/apache-jmeter-5.1.1.zip
     release/jmeter/binaries/apache-jmeter-5.1.1.zip.asc
     release/jmeter/binaries/apache-jmeter-5.1.1.zip.sha512
     release/jmeter/source/apache-jmeter-5.1.1_src.tgz
     release/jmeter/source/apache-jmeter-5.1.1_src.tgz.asc
     release/jmeter/source/apache-jmeter-5.1.1_src.tgz.sha512
     release/jmeter/source/apache-jmeter-5.1.1_src.zip
     release/jmeter/source/apache-jmeter-5.1.1_src.zip.asc
     release/jmeter/source/apache-jmeter-5.1.1_src.zip.sha512

Re: svn commit: r36676 - in /release/jmeter: binaries/ source/

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 at 11:15, Vladimir Sitnikov
<si...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've added removeStaleArtifacts which is automatically run after publishing
> the release to /release/jmeter/...

That is too soon.
Should wait until mirrors have had a chance to catch up and the
release is announced before removing old versions.

As per https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JMETER/ReleaseCreation

Which now needs updating.

> The task can be called manually:
> $ gw removeStaleArtifacts -PasfDryRun -Pjmeter.version=5.2 # keep 5.2
> artifacts, and print the files to be removed
> $ gw removeStaleArtifacts -Pasf -Pjmeter.version=5.2 # keep 5.2 artifacts,
> and remove the other files

That looks fine, except it's not obvious why the -Pasf property is needed

> The set of files to keep is configured in /build.gradle.kts
> -> staleRemovalFilters { ... }
>
> The missing bit is to drop stale Nexus staging repositories.

I don't remember doing that, and it's not in the wiki page cited above.

AFAIK Nexus tidies itself up eventually.

I suppose it would do no harm, and might make it a bit easier to navigate.
But I don't think it's necessary.
Before spending any time on it, I suggest checking whether it's
necessary or not.

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
>With the new build script, there is a Gradle task to do this ?

It is not there yet.

>Note: I use the (old) ant script to remove the v5.1.1 from the release site

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jmeter/ still contains old files.
Should they be removed after the release as well?

Should the removal happen with moving artifacts from /dev/ to /release/?

Vladimir