Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Pushpalanka Jayawardhana <pu...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/01 05:37:59 UTC

Re: GSoC 2012 - WOOKIE-139 - Implement the W3C XML Digital Signatures for Widgets specification in Wookie

Hi Scott,

I tried to follow the steps you suggested and following is the progress I
could make for now.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Scott Wilson <
scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24 Apr 2012, at 06:33, Pushpalanka Jayawardhana wrote:
>
> > Hi Scott,
> >
> > So happy my proposal is accepted for GSoC2012. Thanks a lot for the
> > given guidance!
>
> Fantastic - well done!
>
> > Glad to know any suggestions for 'Community Bonding Period' (any
> > recommendations on documentation/tutorials to study).
>
> You've probably seen most of the documentation as its up on the incubator
> site (http://incubator.apache.org/wookie/). It would be useful if you can
> point out if we're missing anything important for getting started.
>
> Most of the work of building and deploying is handled by Ant and covered
> in the "Getting Started" page.
>
> We also have a lot of tests, which unfortunately we have to run manually
> at the moment (I imagine there is JUnit integration in Intellij?) - the
> tests in the "functional" package require a running server to test against
> as they exercise the REST API.
>
> I'd suggest the basic steps to check you're ready to go are:
>
> - checkout into a project in the IDE - done
> - run using the Ant task (or from within the IDE) -done
> - run unit and functional tests using JUnit (or from within the IDE) -
> done within IDE
>

> - configure any code templates in your IDE - Still working on to write an
> Intellij code template, looking at eclipse code template.
> - make some changes
> - run
> - run tests again
> - create a patch

I tried the above 4 steps adding a method in W3CWidgetFactory class, after
restarting the server with modified code.

> > Also I noticed that Eclipse is the IDE used, with SVN code. I
> > currently use Intellij IDEA and hope no issues with that.
>
> There should be no problem; most of us use Eclipse, and we have some
> templates and config files but you certainly don't need to use Eclipse to
> work on Wookie. You may be able to reuse some of the information in
> /etc/eclipse/ to help create your IDEA environment. Actually, if you do
> create an Intellij IDEA template for working with Wookie that could be a
> good simple first patch to submit and get used to the process and to
> working with our Jira workflow.

I created a jira issue for this and have completed generating the
code_style for Intellij which is as attached. I'm still working on the
template.

--
Pushpalanka Jayawardhana | Undergraduate | Computer Science and Engineering
University of Moratuwa

+94779716248 | http://pushpalankajaya.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Pushpalanka | Slideshare:
http://www.slideshare.net/Pushpalanka

Re: GSoC 2012 - WOOKIE-139 - Implement the W3C XML Digital Signatures for Widgets specification in Wookie

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 25 Aug 2012, at 13:44, Pushpalanka Jayawardhana wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am so happy that I could successfully complete GSoC2012 with Apache
> Wookie. Special thank to Scott for the great support and guidance given and
> Paul too.
>
> It was a pleasure to work with Wookie and I am willing to contribute more
> in the future.

Thanks! The new feature and signing client are great additions to Wookie, and have already been rolled into the 0.12 release candidate. And yes, please do keep contributing!

Posted by Pushpalanka Jayawardhana <pu...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.