Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Prashanth Badari <pr...@dremio.com> on 2022/11/22 09:51:33 UTC

Need access to ASF Jira

Hi,

Could you please grant access for the user prashanth.badari@dremio to ASF jira?

I get the following error while I try to sign up.

Thanks,
Prashanth

Re: Need access to ASF Jira

Posted by Rok Mihevc <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prashanth,

Due to recent disabling of self-service user creation on Apache Jira [1]
the Arrow project has decided to transition from Jira to GitHub's issue
tracker [2].
The documentation you are referring to is not relevant for new contributors
to the Arrow project.
For now it would be best if you open a new issue on GitHub [3].

Best,
Rok

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/wrtpc4gx3nz7t69z0o228wplgdb8h90x
[2] https://github.com/apache/arrow/issues/14542
[3] https://github.com/apache/arrow/issues/new/choose

Re: Need access to ASF Jira

Posted by Prashanth Badari <pr...@dremio.com>.
Hi,

From the latest guidelines, https://infra.apache.org/jira-guidelines.html, I see that "If you need to open a Jira ticket for a particular project and do not have an ASF Jira account, ask the project to create a Jira account you can use. Some projects may have created dedicated email addresses for receiving such requests."

Re: Need access to ASF Jira

Posted by Rok Mihevc <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Iris,

Could you try using the GitHub issue tracker?

Rok

Re: Need access to ASF Jira

Posted by Iris Chang <ir...@gmail.com>.
Hi,