Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Jonathan Perron <jo...@lumapps.com> on 2019/11/06 11:07:10 UTC

Beam EventHubs Java connector

Dear all,

I will soon need to plug an Apache Beam pipeline on an Azure EventHubs
service. I have not seen references of such connector yet, so I would
like to know if my code would be of interest to add to a future Apache
Beam release ? I have already seen that a Java library is available
(https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/azure/event-hubs/event-hubs-java-get-started-send),
could it be used as a based to write the connector or should I start
from scratch?

Best regards,

Jonathan

Re: Beam EventHubs Java connector

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

We are definitely interested in this contribution. The license of the Azure
Event Hub library is MIT so there are not issues to include it in the IO
connector. You just have to take a look at the way we write IOs on Beam to wrap
it.

Please create a JIRA and assign it to yourself, also try to share your
implementation early on for feedback (even if unfinished). Remember that you can
start with the write (sending messages) part first which is probably easier.

Regards,
Ismaël

[1] https://github.com/Azure/azure-event-hubs-java/blob/dev/LICENSE