Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Mathias Fonkam <mf...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/14 15:22:27 UTC

Mail Clients & JAMES

This is related to an earlier posting I made on having
issues configuring JAMES to send/receive email to/fro
remote mail servers (beyong the localhost). A Java
application on my local server can leverage James to
send to remote locations but full blown mail clients
such as Thunderbird and even Java-based mail cliens
cannot. I don't understand. My IP address is in the
10.10.22.* range which I understand is a restricted
zone and there are probably even firewall restrictions
but how can the first application get around this and
the others don't?

Thanks,
Matt
====