Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by KAN NAN <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2003/12/01 17:56:56 UTC

Installation Problem !!

Dear Friends,

Iam very new to this user group. I heard a lot of good news abt JMeter, So I
thought of using it in my application.

Well, Iam using Apache 1.3.28 + Apache Jserv 1.1.2. Just downloaded Jmeter
1.8.1. I have installed it, when I tried to execute jmeter.bat, it says
that:
Unrecognized option: -Xincgc

Is this a problem of JDK. I am using JDK 1.2.2. What I saw in Running.html
in the document is : "A fully compliant Java 1.2 environment is required for
Apache JMeter to execute". So I thought I can run under JDK1.2.2.

Please help me in installing a correct distribution.
Thanks in advance,
-Kannan

Re: Installation Problem !!

Posted by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com>.
Hi Kannan,

In any case, I'd recommend that you remove the -Xinc. You may be able to
run on a 1.2 JDK after doing that, though I can't be sure. 1.8 is too
far in the past.

--
Salut,

Jordi.