Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by William Walsh <WW...@curamsoftware.com> on 2011/09/27 14:27:36 UTC

Jar file dependencies, specifically for geronimo-stax-api_1.0_spec-1.0.1.jar

Hi,

We are deploying Axis2 web services in WebSphere and WebLogic and are seeing an application conflict (JVMVRFY013 class loading constraint violated) with geronimo-stax-api_1.0_spec-1.0.1.jar and are trying to determine the impact, if any, of removing this jar.  As far as I can tell both WebSphere and WebLogic provide their own implementations of these classes (in xml.jar and wlfullclient.jar, respectively).  But, am wondering if there might be future impacts if we remove this jar.  In researching what the dependencies are I see that Rampart does a very good job of defining its dependencies (see http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/rampart/dependencies.html), but I haven't been able to find anything for Axis2 in general.  Our testing hasn't revealed any issues so far.  Does anyone have any experience or knowledge in this area of geronimo-stax-api_1.0_spec-1.0.1.jar usage and/or dependencies that they could share?

Thanks,
William

RE: Jar file dependencies, specifically for geronimo-stax-api_1.0_spec-1.0.1.jar

Posted by William Walsh <WW...@curamsoftware.com>.
Andreas,

Thanks for the detailed response.  I will check in our environments.

All the best,
William

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.