Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2011/04/15 21:45:30 UTC

inheriting parent pom version X, but when downloading the site descriptor, maven looks for X+1-SNAPSHOT

Hi all guys,
I have a parent pom[1] I use to play with small components that, after
upgrading few plugins[2], introduced a strange behavior: the parent
brings the site descriptor that is correctly included before the
plugins upgrade, but after the upgrade (the parent has version 3),
maven looks for dite descriptor of next snapshot (4-SNAPSHOT) release
- that I didn't install neither deployed.
Do you have any hint about what's happening? That's really wired and
I'm not figuring out where the problem could be.
Thanks in advance,
Simo

$ mvn -version
Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28 18:31:09+0100)
Maven home: /XXX/apache-maven-3.0.3
Java version: 1.6.0_24, vendor: Apple Inc.
Java home: /YYY
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: MacRoman
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.6.6", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

[1] https://github.com/99soft/infra/blob/master/pom.xml
[2] http://pastie.org/1798525

http://www.99soft.org/

Re: inheriting parent pom version X, but when downloading the site descriptor, maven looks for X+1-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Yes I did, unfortunately the only SNAPSHOT I can see[1] is the project
version :/
ANy hint? Thanks in advance!
Simo

[1] http://pastie.org/1804055