Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Marc <kl...@saphor.net> on 2004/07/15 10:40:06 UTC

NullPointerException with fo --> rtf conversion

Hi!

After running a cvs update yesterday morning an fo-file that used to convert quite
unproblematically to rtf in the past causes trouble. I get the following exception:

--------------

        at org.apache.fop.render.rtf.rtflib.rtfdoc.RtfListTable.writeListTableEntry(RtfListTable.java:191)
        at org.apache.fop.render.rtf.rtflib.rtfdoc.RtfListTable.writeRtfContent(RtfListTable.java:136)
        at org.apache.fop.render.rtf.rtflib.rtfdoc.RtfElement.writeRtf(RtfElement.java:86)
        at org.apache.fop.render.rtf.rtflib.rtfdoc.RtfContainer.writeRtfContent(RtfContainer.java:135)
        at org.apache.fop.render.rtf.rtflib.rtfdoc.RtfElement.writeRtf(RtfElement.java:86)
        at org.apache.fop.render.rtf.rtflib.rtfdoc.RtfContainer.writeRtfContent(RtfContainer.java:135)
        at org.apache.fop.render.rtf.rtflib.rtfdoc.RtfElement.writeRtf(RtfElement.java:86)
        at org.apache.fop.render.rtf.rtflib.rtfdoc.RtfFile.flush(RtfFile.java:219)
        at org.apache.fop.render.rtf.RTFHandler.endDocument(RTFHandler.java:157)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.endDocument(FOTreeBuilder.java:221)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endDocument(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.endEntity(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.endEntity(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$EntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$EntityScanner.skipSpaces(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$TrailingMiscDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:321)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:294)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:57)

--------------------

Unfortunately, I've forgotten when I did the last cvs update prior to the one of yesterday so I cannot tell you exactly which version was the last that still worked for me. It is certainly a few weeks ago, however.

Any ideas what might have happened?

Thanks in advance for any tip!

Best regards,

Marc

Re: NullPointerException with fo --> rtf conversion

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com>.
OK, please make a Bugzilla entry for this.  Also let
us know about how old the previous FOP version was
that worked with the file.

Please also attach a minimal FO file that reproduces
the bug below--make sure (!) it has no personal or
other sensitive data within it, as well as the error
message you get while running *that* minimal file.

Thanks,
Glen

--- Marc <kl...@saphor.net> wrote:
> [...]
>         at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$EntityScanner.load(Unknown
> Source)
>         at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$EntityScanner.skipSpaces(Unknown

> Source)
>         at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$TrailingMiscDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown

> Source)
>         at

> Source)
>         at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>         at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown

Posted by Marc <kl...@saphor.net>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com>.