Posted to user@ant.apache.org by siba prasad <si...@ymail.com> on 2008/10/15 06:55:31 UTC

svn tagging using Ant

Hi ,

The requirement is as follows.I want to tag the code base.For which I want a
target in my build.xml which will do the following steps.

1- Take the update of code base

2- Tag the code base as R.xxxx

where xxxx will be the revision no.

Please help.

Thanks
siba

Re: svn tagging using Ant

Posted by Nan Null <nu...@gmail.com>.
The document for svn ant will tell you exactly how to do that.  Give
it a shot, and ask question later, specific exactly what problem you
encounter.

Re: svn tagging using Ant

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
You need to get svn-ant, install it on your build system, and then
include the jar in your build.xml file.

Here's what I have in my build.xml. I pass build.num through the command line:

    <path id="svn.tasks">
        <pathelement location="${ant.home}/lib/svnjavah1.jar"/>
        <pathelement location="${ant.home}/lib/svnant.jar"/>
        <pathelement location="${ant.home}/lib/svnClientAdapter.jar"/>
    </path>

    <property name="svn.username" value="svn-ant"/>
    <property name="svn.password" value="svn-ant"/>

    <property file="${user.home}/.subversion/svn.properties"/>

That defines the ant tasks, the labeling looks like this:

    <target name="label"
        description="Label Subversion archive with &quot;label&quot; property">
        <fail
            unless="label"
            message="Cannot label Subversion archive. Property
&quot;label&quot; not defined."/>
        <svn
            username="${svn.username}"
            password="${svn.password}">
            <copy srcPath="."
                destUrl="${arm-url}/${arm.build.tags}/ARM-${build.num}"
                message="Creating Build ${build.num} of ARM"/>
        </svn>
    </target>

--
David Weintraub