Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net> on 2013/05/28 18:29:37 UTC

Building UIMA AEs with Gradle?

Hi,

we are sometimes running into problems with Maven when we want to define
tasks to move resources into specific locations, etc. This seems to
often lead to having to use quite a few Maven plugins and makes the POM
hard to manage.

Would Gradle be a better option, in order to have the dependency
management from Maven while being able to more easily define custom
manipulations of resources to help with packaging? Is it possible to
generate PEAR packages from Gradle? There are afaik plugins for Maven
and Ant, so would we then reference an Ant task from Gradle?

Thanks,
Jens

Re: Building UIMA AEs with Gradle?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I haven't used Gradle, so I don't have a real opinion.

One thing that is quite easy is to write your own specialized Maven plugin, to
encapsulate exactly what you want as the "conventional" way, and have whatever
"configuration" you wish.

-Marshall