Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rfanta <ri...@ithaka.org> on 2016/08/02 13:20:45 UTC

Issues with HawtIO and 5.13.4

Hi,

I'm unable to login to hawtio with admin/admin or user/user, or to see
detailed information of why this is failing.

The setup was done using these instructions:
https://www.javacodegeeks.com/2016/07/running-apache-activemq-hawtio-standalone-mode.html

I've also followed the instructions from Dejan Bosanac in this post:
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Hawto-log-in-td4673552.html

Namely, I added the following to the following to ACTIVEMQ_OPTS:
-Dhawtio.realm=activemq -Dhawtio.role=admins
-Dhawtio.rolePrincipalClasses=org.apache.activemq.jaas.GroupPrincipal
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=$ACTIVEMQ_CONF/login.config

...and also added hawt io logging to log4j.properties to see more error
information:
log4j.logger.io.hawt=DEBUG

However, I'm not seeing debugging information for the login attempts.

Any ideas of what I should try next?

Many thanks,
Rick

Re: Issues with HawtIO and 5.13.4

Posted by rfanta <ri...@ithaka.org>.
Thanks for the thought, Tim.  I'll do that in a pinch, but most others seem
to have solved similar issues with config changes.

I just don't know what try next to help identify the issue.

Re: Issues with HawtIO and 5.13.4

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
One option could be to download the source, attach a debugger to the
process, and step through the applicable login method.  But you'll have to
look through the code to find which method that is (I don't know myself,
sorry).